The Family Law Group at Henderson, Caverly, Pum & Trytten LLP, with partners Richard V. Hyatt and Hildy Fentin offers decades of expertise and dedication in providing clients with the most sophisticated legal advice in all areas of pre-marital and post-marital contracts, separation and divorce, including division of property, child custody, child and spousal support, pre-marital and post-marital agreements, paternity, post judgment modifications and mediation.
The members of the Family Law Group will provide all services and coordinate every aspect of your family law matters. We will help you and your spouse reach an agreement that works for both of you, and prepare a Marital Settlement Agreement that the divorce court judge will approve.
Richard V. Hyatt, CFLS, AAML is an experienced and respected family law litigator and mediator. As a Certified Family Law Specialist and a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, he is ranked in the top tier of his profession. Richard has an AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating and has been recognized as a San Diego “Super Lawyer” every year since 2009; and featured in San Diego Magazine’s, “Top Lawyers of San Diego.” Acting as a Judge Pro Tempore since 1988, and Settlement Conference Judge since 1989, he has the experience to negotiate and resolve all levels of issues in family matters. Legal expertise is critical to achieving settlement in complex financial and parenting issues that comply with California Law.
Hildy L. Fentin, CFLS, AAML has built a local and national reputation for excellence, integrity and professionalism, with over 35 years of experience handling complex Family Law matters. She graduated from Rutgers School of Law in 1980 and then gained admittance to the bars of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and California. A former Legal Aid attorney in the San Francisco area, Hildy has focused exclusively on Family Law since 1983. Hildy’s approach focuses on creative problem solving to reach peaceful resolutions. Her process empowers you to make informed decisions about your finances and your family.
The Henderson, Caverly, Pum & Trytten LLP Family Law Practice Group handle all family law matters, including but not limited to:
Pre & Post Marital Agreements
- Negotiation, Drafting and Review of Pre-marital and Post-marital Agreements
Family Law/Dissolution of Marriage
- Division of Property
- Child Custody and Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Marital Residence Issues
- Business and Professional Practice Characterization and Valuations
- Retirement Plan Distributions
Child Custody & Support
- Litigation and Mediation of Child Sharing Plans
- Move-Away Cases
- Determination of Child Support and Modification of Payments
- Obtaining Paternity Orders
- Setting Child Support
- Drafting Custody Arrangements
- Modifying Custody Orders
- Modifying Spousal Support
- Modifying Child Support
- Enforcing Prior Orders
- An Economical Process to Obtaining a Divorce
- A Private and Confidential Process
- Working with a Neutral Highly Qualified Professional to Assist in Settling all issues
- Drafting and Shepherding Legal Documents Through the Court System