Sandra L. Mayberry is a partner with Henderson, Caverly & Pum LLP. Ms. Mayberry has practiced Family Law for more than 21 years and has been a Certified Specialist in Family Law, the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization for more than 15 years.
Ms. Mayberry handles all aspects of family law litigation, including complex child custody and financial issues. She also consults with parties completing the mediation process with private mediators so they may obtain the best outcome possible. She is trained in Collaborative Law. She regularly handles matters assigned to Private Judges at JAMs, Judicate West or other private judging groups.
Ms. Mayberry’s practice encompasses: pre-marital and post-marital agreements; dissolutions; all custody issues including custody evaluations and move-away cases; spousal support; child support; property division; paternity; post-judgment modifications; and litigating all family law matters, including very high asset cases.
Honors and awards
- Super Lawyers, 2008 – 2015
- San Diego Magazine Best Lawyers in America, 2012 – 2015
- Norby Award recipient for 2011 presented by the Judiciary of the San Diego Family Court
- Michael C. Shea Chair Award in 2004 for teaching and mentoring in Family Law
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association
- San Diego Rotary Club
- Past Chair, Subcommittee for Charitable Contributions, San Diego County Certified Family Law Specialists (CFLS)
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Southern California
- Faculty, 2012, 1st Annual San Diego Family Law College of Trial Advocacy, “Evidence” with Judge William J. Howatt, Ret.
- October 2014: “Best Little Evidence 3-day Seminar”
- March 2015: “Testifying in Court” FDR Workshop, Judicial Council of California
- July 2014, 2015 and 2016: SDVLP Family Law Paralegal Program
- Faculty, April 2016, AAML Trial Basics Seminar
- February 17, 2016: “How to Prepare for and Complete a Mandatory Settlement Conference”