AT HENDERSON, CAVERLY, PUM & TRYTTEN (HCPT)
In the HCPT Team, you will find that our Core Values are at the heart of our identity:
- Excellence & Integrity
- Continuous Improvement
- Respect for Each Other
- Sustainable Growth & Profitability
- Outstanding Work Environment
Our success is derived from our people. This is demonstrated by our team’s commitment to our core values through integrity, pursuit of excellence, and support for one another. Our culture is fostered through providing mentorship opportunities for the best and brightest to learn and grow, collaboration for thoughtful solutions, and celebrating our team’s successes, both as an individual contributor and as a team.
To cultivate HCPT’s balanced environment, we provide:
- Competitive Benefits & Compensation;
- Technical tools to enable each Team Member to work effectively and efficiently; and
- Foster a Diverse & Inclusive Working Environment.
TO JOIN THE HCPT TEAM
We look to attract and motivate dynamic legal and administrative professionals who have experience in or looking to work within our firm’s specialty practice areas. If these values and environment resonate with you, we invite you to reach out and connect with us to discuss current open positions or other opportunities to join our team.
If you are interested in learning more about our open positions and joining our team, please forward via email your Resume with Cover Letter to email@example.com. In the Subject Line please enter the position of interest.
We are seeking an experienced accountant to join the team. This position will handle a variety of accounting tasks, including but not limited to accounts payable and receivable, bank deposits, trust, bank, credit card, advanced costs and merchant accounts reconciliation, financial statements preparation and analysis, assisting in the development of budget and cash flow forecasting and monitoring, reviewing variances, maintaining general ledger, journal entries, year-end preparation, reports generation, vendor relations, etc.
Qualified candidates will possess the following experience:
– Full Cycle Bookkeeping
– Performing reconciliations (accounts payable, accounts receivable, balance sheet, trust, advanced cost, payroll accounts, health insurance, credit card statements)
– Monthly P&L and Balance Sheet
– Reconcile, analyze, and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month and year end close.
– Perform financial statement preparation and analysis
– Process/reconcile 1099 reports
– Proficient with Quick Books and MS Excel
– 3-5 years accounting/bookkeeping experience; law firm experience desirable
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Prepares detailed work papers supporting transactions.
– Prepares moderately complex journal entries for input to accounting software.
– Reviews account balances for reasonableness and accuracy.
– Attention to detail, precision and accuracy are critical.
– Ability to recognize and research variances and discrepancies.
– Ability to work with minimal supervision, resourceful and quick learner.
TAX AND ESTATE PLANNING ATTORNEY
We are seeking an experienced tax and estate planning associate for our Pasadena office. The ideal candidate should have 4-7 years of experience in areas of complex tax and estate planning for high net worth individuals and multi-generational families, corporate planning for business succession, and trust and estate administration, including preparation of estate and gift tax returns. Successful candidates will have excellent drafting, writing, research and analytical skills, accurate and strong attention to detail, high level of organization, strong verbal and interpersonal skills, and ability to manage multiple projects. Candidate will actively participate in client meetings and must be able to clearly explain testamentary plans and wealth transfer transactions to clients. Candidate must have a strong tax background and experience in drafting complex Wills and trust agreements, including various types of irrevocable trusts and highly customized primary estate planning documents and agreements. LLM degree in tax or estate planning is a plus. Must be an active member in good standing of the California Bar.